DECADE I (1973-1982): Journey with a Mission
- Inspired by the teachings of Mahamanna Madan Mohan Malviya ji and Goswami Ganesh Dutta ji Maharaj, Pt. Mohan Lal ji started Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College, Chandigarh in a small bungalow in Sector 8 with undergraduate course in Humanities. Later, the college shifted to the present building with state-of-the-art infrastructure and initiated undergraduate courses in Commerce and Science.
DECADE II (1983-1992): Many Leaps Forward
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh introduced B.Com. (Honours).
- Pt. Mohan Lal S.D. Public School, Chandigarh was established.
DECADE III (1993-2002): No Looking Back
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh became a post graduate college offering M.Com and graduate and post graduate courses in Information Technology.
- The Society started Pt. Mohan Lal College for Women in Gurdaspur and Pt Mohan Lal College for Girls in Fatehgarh Churian.
DECADE IV (2003-2012): Innovation and Excellence
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh became the first among Panjab University Colleges to offer PG Courses–Masters in Business Economics and Post Graduate Diploma in ‘Animation and Graphics’.
- The Department of Commerce and Department of Biosciences of GGDSD College, Chandigarh were declared as “Star Departments” by UGC.
- Society set up Pandit Mohanlal SD College for girls at Fategarh Churian, Gurdaspur.
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh adopted B.R. Ambedkar School in Naya Gaon (Pb.).
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh formed a voluntary organization SPIRIT INDIA to raise the patriotic and spiritual quotient of the students
- MoUs have been signed with University of the Fraser Valley, Canada and Normandy Business School, France.
- NAAC, the highest accreditation authority accredited Grade ‘A’ to GGDSD College, Chandigarh.
- Quality Assurance and Assessment led to NAAC accreditation of Pt. Mohan Lal SD College for Women,Gurdaspur.
DECADE V (2013 onwards): GGDSD College- Creating a Distinct Identity
- Accredited with ‘A+’Grade by the NAAC during the session 2016-17
- Ranked 99thin All India Ranking 2019 by NIRF (The National Institutional Ranking Framework), MHRD, Govt. of India
- Bestowed with the status of ‘A College with Potential for Excellence’by the UGC
- Selected under ‘FIST Programme’scheme by the DST, Government of India
- Sanctioned ‘Deen Dayal Upadhyay’ Knowledge Acquisition and Upgradation of Skilled Human Abilities and Livelihood ‘(KAUSHAL) Kendra’status by UGC to run B.Voc. courses
- Conferred Research Centre status by P.U. in the subjects of Commerce, Physics, Biotechnology and Chemistry
- MoU with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS iON)for Automation Solutions and Developing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- MoU with National Stock Exchange (NSE) to run a new NSE Certified Capital Market ProfessionalCourse
- Industrial tie-upswith Punjab Dairy Development Board, Central Poultry Development Organization, Big Bazar, ITC Retail, TCS and HPMC
- Granted INFLIBNETconnection by the UGC
- Set up GGDSD College at Kheri Gurna, Banur (Distt. Patiala)
- Also set up PML SD Business School, Chandigarh.