DECADE I (1973-1982): Journey with a Mission
- GGDSD College started with a mission to impart Value Based Education for the overall development of students.
- Inspired by the teachings of Mahamanna Madan Mohan Malviya ji and Goswami Ganesh Dutta ji Maharaj, Pt. Mohan Lal ji started Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College, Chandigarh in a small bungalow in sector 8 with undergraduate course in humanities.
- Shifted to present building with state- of- the – art infrastructure and initiated undergraduate courses in commerce and science.
DECADE II (1983-1992): Many Leaps Forward
- Introduction of B.Com. Honours.
- Establishment of Pt. Mohan Lal S.D. Public School, Chandigarh to strengthen the foundation of tiny tots and young students at the right age.
DECADE III (1993-2002): No Looking Back
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh became Post Graduate College offering M.Com.
- For sustainable development of students, the society introduced graduate and post graduate courses in Information Technology.
- With a belief to empower women through Education, the society started Pt. Mohan Lal College for Women at Gurdaspur and later on started Pt .Mohan Lal College for Girls at Fatehgarh Churian to provide quality education to girl students of extremely backward areas.
- Responding to its call for commitment to society, the management started Smt. Kaushalya Devi Charitable Institute for Women in memory of Smt. Kaushlya Devi Verma, wife of Prof. Roshan Lal Verma who donated their life-long savings to the Society. This charitable institution trains women from socially backward and economically weaker sections of society in beauty culture, stitching and embroidery and computer literacy.
DECADE IV (2003-2012): Innovation and Excellence
- GGDSD College, Chandigarh became first among Panjab University Colleges to offer PG Courses– Masters in Business Economics and Post Graduate Diploma in Animation and Graphics
- Only College offering innovative course of Master in Entrepreneurship and Family Business.
- Only college affiliated to Panjab University which has been bestowed with a Status of “College with Potential for Excellence” by the U.G.C
- Two departments of the college i.e. Department of Commerce and Department of Biosciences have been declared as “Star Department” by UGC
- Adopted B.R. Ambedkar School in Naya Gaon (Pb.) to promote education amongst children of poor and backward classes
- Formed a voluntary organization SPIRIT INDIA to raise the patriotic and spiritual quotient of the students
- To keep pace with demands of the global standards, MoUs have been signed with University of the Fraser Valley, Canada and Normandy Business School, France
- NAAC,the highest accreditation authority accredited Grade ‘A’ to GGDSD College, Chandigarh
- Quality assurance and assessment led to NAAC Accreditation of Pt. Mohan Lal SD College for Women, Gurdaspur
DECADE V (2013 onwards): Innovation and Excellence
GGDSD College, Chandigarh Accredited with ‘A+‘ Grade by the NAAC during the session 2016-17.
- Ranked 41st in All India Ranking 2017 by NIRF (The National Institutional Ranking Framework), MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Bestowed with status of ‘A College with Potential for Excellence’ by the UGC
- Selected under ‘FIST Programme’ scheme by the DST, Government of India
- Sanctioned ‘Deen Dayal Upadhyay Knowledge Acquisition and Upgradation of Skilled Human Abilities and Livelihood ‘(KAUSHAL) Kendra’ status by UGC to run B.Voc. courses.
- College runs Diploma in Medical Lab Technology under the Community College Scheme.
- Conferred Research Centre status by P.U. in the subjects of Commerce, Physics, Biotechnology and Chemistry.
- The college runs three innovative programs recognized by the UGC including M.Sc. Applied Chemistry (Pharmaceutical), MEFB (Masters in Entrepreneurship and Family Business) and M.Sc. Bioinformatics.
- Departments of Commerce & Management, Bio Sciences and Economics have been declared as “Star Departments” by UGC.
- College runs 13 parallel Career Oriented ‘Add on’ courses.
- MoU with acclaimed University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), Canada for BBA and Computer Information System (CIS) Program
- MoU with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS iON) for automation solutions and developing Enterprises Resource Planning (ERP)
- MoU with National Stock Exchange (NSE) to run a new NSE Certified Capital Market Professional Course
- Industrial tie-ups with Punjab Dairy Development Board, Central Poultry development Organization, Big Bazar, ITC Retail, TCS and HPMC
- Granted INFLIBNET connection by the UGC